Monday, February 29, 2016

Online Reputation

I would like to introduce today my new friend Jared Carlson and tell you a little bit about him. The first thing you should know is that Jared probably has no idea that I exist. All of the information that I know about my new pal is what I have learned from the internet. Okay, okay before you get to creeped out by me you should know that Jared does know that someone in our class will be researching and writing about him, but he doesn’t know that that someone is me.

It is mind blowing to me to think that there is so much information about each of us that is easily accessible on the internet. All that aside, I am going to tell you about Jared Carlson by describing three trends that I found for his life.


Profile Picture Posted by Jared Carlson
Jared is from Cache Valley and attended Skyview High School. After graduation he attended BYU-I before making the obviously correct decision to transfer to Utah State University. It appeared to me that he is studying Neuroscience and working on his bachelor’s degree. He currently works as a CNA for Autumn Care Assisted Living in Hyde Park, Utah. Jared has made is whole work and education profile available at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jared-carlson-1a563b107. It was obvious to me that Jared is a hard worker and that his education is very important to him. He has worked in many different positions at various companies, but has always continued his education. His work ethic is commendable.

Jared has worked several jobs of all kinds, but he does also make time for fun. He is married to his beautiful wife Michelle who is from New York. She also studied and graduated from Utah State University. They have been together for several years now.  Jared is a very talented soccer player and for the 2013 season he played for the USU men’s soccer team. To find out a little more about this team checkout https://www.facebook.com/UtahStateMensSoccer/. Below I have included a picture of him playing in a game for Utah State. He and his wife also enjoy traveling and mountain biking.



  Photo posted on Facebook by USU men’s soccer
I was very impressed by the support Jared shows for his church group. He is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. His Facebook profile was filled with church related pages and music, and I was also able to find record of him as a member of a specific group at https://www.studyblue.com/notes/note/n/elders-quorum/deck/7437304. It was obvious that his religion means a lot to him and that he takes an active role in living it.

I really enjoyed learning so much about Jared Carlson, although at times I was kind of freaked out about how much information I could really find on him. Jared had nothing on any of his profiles, or other links that he should be concerned about. He seems to be a hard working determined individual whom I am excited to get to know better, but maybe in person this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment